Monday, October 27, 2008

Mobipocket for Blackberry Curve is a memory hog and never shuts down

I downloaded Mobipocket reader onto my Blackberry Curve 8330 (Verizon Wireless issue). I noticed a slowdown in the phone's performance since I installed this app. Also, when you close the program it does not terminate the app. The app always runs in the background. Other than this problem, I think Mobipocket is an excellent e-book reader. I will try to alert the software maker about this problem.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Update: It appears that this issue was addressed in a forum on Mobipocket's website http://www.mobipocket.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13270&highlight=close

Until this problem is fixed, the workaround is hitting shift+q to quit the application (the menu close won't shut it).

No comments: