Sunday, November 23, 2008

Support Wikipedia

Wikipedia Affiliate Button

We all have benefited immensely from Wikipedia. It has clearly change the world for the better. Knowledge is amazing - and with Wikipedia it's free!

Wikipedia is not for profit, so it never ceases to amaze me how they are able to run such a successful and well-managed website which requires so much man-power, since the website is edited by users, and needs so much protection from bad information or vandalism.

I donated $1 today after seeing the donation banner while I was on the site. At first I wanted to ignore it, like I do all panhandlers and charity drives that come in the mail. My mind went quickly through the pros/cons of bothering to make a donation, and settled on donating one dollar. A dollar is not much, but if everyone did, it would add up to a lot. But not everyone does - and even I almost didn't. Small contributions add up to a lot ONLY if you actually make them. So here's my dollar, now go donate yours...

No comments: