Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yahoo! Go for Blackberry

I just installed this useless program on my Blackberry Curve. After some trouble getting the app to start, I managed to log into my Yahoo account and explore this app. I was really shocked to find that Yahoo is placing banner ads in my phone which of course has limited connectivity, and for some users who pay per KB, it's a huge no-no. These ads were not simply text links, they were animated images(!), and link to "click here to watch the video" of the 4x4 SUV in the ad.

Are these people kidding me??

The only reason I would be interested in a Yahoo app is to get quick access to my Yahoo mail, and a quick look at my portfolio. As it turns out, the stock portfolios that I have on my Yahoo account were not available on the mobile app. I would have to build one on my BB.

Don't get me wrong, I love Yahoo, and have been a loyal user of their services for over 10 years. However, they are really not doing enough to keep up with the googles and zuckerbergs of the world. If Yahoo continues this path they will go the way of Lycos and AOhell. Wake me up before you [Yahoo] GoGo...

Conclusion: Don't download that crap! Stick to friendly apps like those from google!

No comments: